Serves: approximately 12 depending on usage
Prepare: 5 minutes
Cook: 24 hours
- One organic chicken carcass, duck carcass or approx. 1kg organic beef marrow bones and ribs or lamb bones
- 2tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Parsley (optional)
- In a large slow cooker or stovetop casserole, cover the bones with water, the apple cider vinegar and a lid.
- If using chicken, cook on the lowest heat for 16-24 hours and up to 72 hours if using beef bones.
- Let cool and then strain. If using beef, be sure to shake any bone marrow from the bones.
- Add any parsley and salt, plus any other herbs or spices you like.
- The bone broth can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Alternatively, you can freeze into small boxes to use in recipes for soups, gravies and stews.
nutrition (per 100ml):
- 19 kCal
- 0g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0g net carbs
- 4g protein
- 0g fibre